Toomey Law Firm has been providing skilled representation for the legal needs of the local community for over 35 years.
Michael J. Toomey, Esq. is the Principal Attorney of the firm, and has over 35 years of experience specializing in Bankruptcy and Debt Reorganization, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, and Social Security Disability. Mike graduated from Franklin Pierce School of Law after receiving a Bachelor’s Degree from Niagara University and a Master’s Degree from St. John’s University.
For decades, he has been known as the premier Bankruptcy Attorney in our community. With many local attorneys referring bankruptcy matters to his office and clients’ word-of-mouth referrals to family and friends, it’s very common for Mike to represent generations of family members for various legal matters. His kind and approachable demeanor with his extensive legal background truly enables him to connect with his clients and provide the best legal representation for them.
Mike grew up in the Hudson Falls and Fort Edward area. He resides in Glens Falls with his wife, Patty, and golden retriever. He has two grown daughters and two grand-daughters who also live in the Glens Falls area.
Professional Associations, Memberships and Recognition
- NYS Bar Association: Admitted in 1986
- Capital Region Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Served as Glens Falls Assistant City Attorney from 1986-1993
- Recognized by the United States Bankruptcy Court Honor Roll of Pro Bono Service Providers as the #2 Attorney with the most pro bono contributions for the Northern District of New York in 2018-2019. See the Honor Roll commendation here.
- Crandall Public Library: Elected to the Board of Directors in 2008. Served as Board President from 2014-2016 and Board Vice President from 2017-2020
- Kiwanis Club: Past President 2013-2014
- The Old Fort House, Fort Edward Historical Association: Board of Directors